Thursday, October 5, 2017

Who am I now?

What I have learned so far

  • How to use animation software like Adobe Animate and Photoshop
  • The different stages to producing an animation, such as pre production techniques like storyboarding
  • How to design characters
  • How to develop an effective story
  • Developed presentation skills
What do I want to know more about?
  • Stop Motion animation
  • Concept Art
  • Backgrounds
  • Character Design
  • Story development
Strengths
  • Perserverance
  • Problem Solving
  • Working as a team
  • Fast learner
  • Patience
  • Drawing skills
What do I want to improve?
  • I could further improve my presentation skills
  • Time management
  • Skills in animate and photoshop
  • Drawing skills
  • My use of the principles of animation
Practitioners that demonstrate my interest in animation
  • Natasha Allegri, the creator of Bee and Puppycat and a storyboard artist and character designer on Adventure Time
  • Studio Ghibli; I am particularly interested in the concept art and background designs that Ghibli uses in their animated films
  • Cartoon Saloon; I love the backgrounds and general art style of their films like Song of the Sea
  • Nintendo game studios- although not exactly animation I am extremely interested in the environments in nintendo games such as Legend of Zelda or Animal Crossing
  • BreakThru films will soon be releasing their film 'Loving Vincent,' a film about Vincent Van Goghs life which is entirely made up of oil paintings. He is my favourite artist so im excited to see how the animation turns out
Online resources that demonstrate my interest in the creative industries;
  • I follow a lot of artists on instagram whose work I admire and use as inspiration for my drawing skills. Some of my favourites are artists Cyarin, octoplum and fairyhands.
  • Ctrl-Paint.com is a website with lots of free tutorials to teach you how to paint digitally. I followed a lot of the guides over summer and found them very useful.
  • The Art of animation - this is a facebook page i follow which regularly posts lots of images and videos showing the production of animations from studios like Disney etc. I like seeing the different character designs and concept art from the various productions art books.
  • Living Lines Library- shows pencil tests, character designs etc from popular animations
  • Skwigly- online animation magazine with interviews, reviews etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment